Friday, March 26, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Many people have asked us if we can receive mail in
Kevin and Shalene Massie
c/o Eugenio Kirima
P.O. Box 250-00521
We can also receive mail at the MWP P.O. box in
Make Way Partners
Attn: Kevin and Shalene Massie
P.O box 26367
Team members will be brining our mail over to us throughout the year.
We will fly into
Kevin, Shalene, Abigail
Friday, March 19, 2010
Thursday, March 18, 2010
- Making popcorn on the stove top, not in the microwave
- Setting the mouse traps before bed
- Filling the water filters twice a day
- Washing cloth diapers in a wash basin
- Having our “sink” on the ground in 2 wash basins
- Looking overhead for creatures (snakes) when you enter the pit latrine
- Sleeping under a mosquito net
- Falling asleep to the sound of the generator, praise God for some electricity!
- Abigail enjoying playing in the tent in her toy box before it gets too hot!
- Beautiful sunrises and sunsets
- Staff and family devotions
- Playing guitar and singing in the evenings
- “If you see vegetables in the market, you better get them. . . they may not be there tomorrow”.
- Washing clothes in a plastic tub with a wash board and hanging them on a clothes line to dry (did I mention “Little House on the Prairie”?).
- Seeing chickens roam the compound, not normal for us anyway.
- Pit latrines and bucket baths
- VERY bumpy roads
- Cooking and living outdoors
- HOMEMADE egg plant parmesan, spaghetti, pizza, creamy garlic pasta, potato salad, curried lentils, Mexican re-fried beans and Spanish rice with avocado salsa and homemade tortillas, eggplant stew and rice, tuna salad
- Dinner by headlamp instead of candlelight
- Porcupine for dinner. . . they really are going to eat it!